Unable to purchase CSS HTML Validator

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Unable to purchase CSS HTML Validator

Post by cdwz »

Hi,

My office has been trying to buy the Professional version of CSE validator, but the "Buy Professional" button on the "Buy" page won't work.

Any ideas?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Unable to purchase CSS HTML Validator

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cdwz wrote:Hi,

My office has been trying to buy the Professional version of CSE validator, but the "Buy Professional" button on the "Buy" page won't work.

Any ideas?
That's strange. It works over here.

What browser are you using? IE 9 seems to pull up the secure buying pages very slowly compared to other browsers like Firefox.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Re: Unable to purchase

Post by cdwz »

Nope I can't.
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cdwz wrote:Nope I can't.
I'm sorry for the trouble. That is indeed strange but could be a network issue (hopefully temporary). Can anyone else check and let me know if it works or not?

If you have the trial version installed, you should also be able to order from within the program.

I hope this helps.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional

Post by MikeGale »

I just tried both links.

From here both work. (And get the currency guess right too!)
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Post by cdwz »

Albert Wiersch wrote:Here is another buy link to try:
<expired>

If you have the trial version installed, you should also be able to order from within the program.

I hope this helps.
That second link seems to work. I don't have a trial version installed, but I have version 8 (full version) installed. But I suppose installing the trial for 10 first wouldn't be difficult.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cdwz wrote:That second link seems to work. I don't have a trial version installed, but I have version 8 (full version) installed. But I suppose installing the trial for 10 first wouldn't be difficult.
If you have the v8 trial installed, then you should still be able to order from within the program. It still counts as an order for the latest version... but if the second link works, then that may be the easiest way to buy.

Thank you.
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Post by cdwz »

Hey Albert, our purchasing agent just told me that sometimes our gov't credit card gets blocked/declined when ordering software (something on our end, not yours). If this happens, is there any way to do a phone order?

Thanks!
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cdwz wrote:Hey Albert, our purchasing agent just told me that sometimes our gov't credit card gets blocked/declined when ordering software (something on our end, not yours). If this happens, is there any way to do a phone order?

Thanks!
We use a couple of resellers to sell CSS HTML Validator, and I know that our main one has a payment option where you can phone-in your CC #. This is done by ordering online but by choosing that as the payment option so you don't actually enter any payment information online & instead call it in. I'm not sure if that will help though because the same company would be processing the charge.

You can also buy it from a reseller listed at the bottom of this page:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/buy/order ... ailed.html

A reseller like SHI International Corporation or Softchoice should definitely be able to get the order through, though it may cost more.

I hope this helps.
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Post by cdwz »

Awesome, thanks!
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Post by cdwz »

For some reason, we still haven't been able to purchase this, and I'm not sure why. I think it has to do with getting certain vendors authorized, and in this case "AI Internet Solutions" got the authorization, so the resellers are getting rejected by our acquisition people (and being gov't, it's hard to get them to approve new vendors).

I did some searching and noticed CSE available on Amazon. They're already on our approved list, but I'm worried about getting the correct version of CSE. Is there any way to tell whether they're selling the latest version or not?

Thanks, and sorry for the headache!
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cdwz wrote:For some reason, we still haven't been able to purchase this, and I'm not sure why. I think it has to do with getting certain vendors authorized, and in this case "AI Internet Solutions" got the authorization, so the resellers are getting rejected by our acquisition people (and being gov't, it's hard to get them to approve new vendors).

I did some searching and noticed CSE available on Amazon. They're already on our approved list, but I'm worried about getting the correct version of CSE. Is there any way to tell whether they're selling the latest version or not?

Thanks, and sorry for the headache!
Yes, that's strange that you are having such difficulty. We sell to other gov't agencies and they seem to be able to purchase with few or no issues.

As for the version on Amazon, you'll get a license for the latest version even if you don't get the latest version on disc, so you can download the latest from our site.

Also, I suspect that the resellers like SHI International Corporation and Softchoice may also be on your authorized list, so you may want to check that.
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Post by cdwz »

My copy arrived today!

Now I just have to get someone with admin privileges to install it.