Document type does not allow element

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
accessaw
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Document type does not allow element

Post by accessaw »

Hi newbie here looking for some help my site is getting these validation errors.

1. document type does not allow element "p" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag
//--></script> © Weber Grill Reviews<p></p>

2. end tag for "p" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
</div>

3. nd tag for element "div" which is not open
</div>

my website is bestwebergrills.com thanks for any help you can give me
been stuck with these errors for a few days now and finding it hard to get help
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Document type does not allow element

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Have you tried the online version of CSE HTML Validator? It's designed to provide friendlier messages. Please try it first and then post if you still have questions.

I hope this helps.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
accessaw
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by accessaw »

Hi Albert this is all new to me I dont even know where to look in wp to fix the code.

1. The "p" element must have an end tag (</p>) but the end tag was not found. In XHTML, all elements not declared as empty (like "b", "p", "span", etc.) must have an end tag. Elements declared as empty (like "br", "img", "input", etc.) can have an end tag or can use the empty element shorthand.
<p> line 318

2. The "p" end tag (started in line 318) should appear before the "div" end tag or this end tag should be removed (nesting error).
</div> line326

3. The end tag for "div" was found, but all "div" start tags already have end tags. This appears to be an extra end tag that should be removed.
</div> line 338
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I'm sorry but I am not familiar with WordPress. You may want to ask on a WordPress support site as they could probably tell you how to address these issues and what files need to be fixed/changed so that they generate better/valid XHTML.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial