message saying trial expired but product is registered

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
jscar
Rank II - Novice

message saying trial expired but product is registered

Post by jscar »

Hi

we're using html validator 10.02. We run it nightly on our site and a couple of days ago the report just said that the trial version had expired. I put in our registration details OK and it's showing our name, PIN and key in the registration info but last night we still got the same message in the reports.

Hope you can help

Julian
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: message saying trial expired but product is registered

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Julian,

When you run it at night, are you running it under the same user account that you entered your registration information in? That could be the problem.

Try launching it using the same user account and then register it. This may also help as another solution (store the registration information in HKEY_USERS):
http://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/ht ... #q20010124
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
jscar
Rank II - Novice

Re: message saying trial expired but product is registered

Post by jscar »

Hi Albert
I run it from a scheduled vbscript. I recently changed the scheduled task to run under nt authority/system account to overcome some problems with the scheduled task running. Have just run it under a user account and it seems to run OK. Thanks for the heads up.

Julian