Style upgrade replaces HTML with CSS

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
george-elliott
Rank I - Novice

Style upgrade replaces HTML with CSS

Post by george-elliott »

Hello:)

The list of features for TopStyle says "•Style Upgrade quickly replaces all outdated HTML code with equivalent CSS styling."
Hm. Does that mean, for instance, that the outdated <font> and </font> tags will be replaced by inline styling tags? If it does not mean that, then what does it mean?
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Style upgrade replaces HTML with CSS

Post by TopStyle Support »

Correct, that is what it means.
george-elliott
Rank I - Novice

Post by george-elliott »

Thank you for your quick clarification.
george-elliott
Rank I - Novice

Post by george-elliott »

Further this line of thought, is there an option in TopStyle to replace the outdated <font>and </font> tags with internal styles in the head section instead of replacing the outdated <font> and </font> tags with inline styling tags? If not, then does TopStyle have the ability to convert inline styling tags to internal styles in the head section? The purpose of this question is to discover if TopStyle could be used to prepare a site, which was created by using FrontPage, to a site which could more easily be converted to an Expression Web 4 site. Thanks for your renewed attention to this train of thought.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

"Style Upgrade" creates embedded styles in the <head> section (it does not create inline styles).
george-elliott
Rank I - Novice

Post by george-elliott »

On Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:34 pm, I asked if outdated tags, such as <font> and </font>, would be replaced by inline styling tags?

On Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:43 am, the reply was to the affirmative. I understood the affirmative to mean that the outdated tags would be replaced by inline styling tags.

On Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:32 pm, I asked if TopStyle had an option to replace outdated tags with internal styles in the head section, instead of replacing outdated tags with inline styling tags?

On Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:54 am, the reply was that "Style Upgrade" creates embedded styles in the <head> section (it does not create inline styles). So does this reply mean that "Style Upgrade" is a particular option of TopStyle, and that this particular option creates styles in the <head> section instead of creating inline styles? Or does this reply mean that there is another program, called "Style Upgrade", and that this other program creates styles in the <head> section instead of creating inline styles? Or does this mean that the behaviour of TopStyle has changed since Mon Sep 26, 2011? Or does this reply mean some other possibility which I did not mention here? I was formerly a programmer; so I am acutely aware of all possibilities in any situation; so your clarification would be very much appreciated.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

I apologize for the confusion. Style Upgrade replaces outdated tags such as <font> with a new <style> tag embedded inside the <head> section. It does not create inline style attributes.
george-elliott
Rank I - Novice

Post by george-elliott »

Thank you so very much for your clarification.
llihak
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by llihak »

Is there a way to convert inline style="" into embedded styles in the <head> or an external stylesheet?