TopStyle hangs on right mouse clicks

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
fishmi
Rank 0 - Newcomer

TopStyle hangs on right mouse clicks

Post by fishmi »

If i click several times the right mouse Button to open the contextual menu, TopStyle will hang and i have to restart the program.
Windows 7 (german Version), 32 Bit, SP 1
Thanks for support because it sucks.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: TopStyle hangs on right mouse clicks

Post by TopStyle Support »

fishmi wrote:If i click several times the right mouse Button to open the contextual menu, TopStyle will hang and i have to restart the program.
I cannot seem to reproduce this. I have clicked the right mouse button inside the edit pane a dozen times. Am I missing something? Where exactly are you clicking?
fishmi
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by fishmi »

Thanks for your support.
It is an strange behaviour i never have in earlier Versions of TopStyle.
I can right click many times in an empty document, but if the document includes any css Code it hangs after 2- 6 times.
It does not matter where I click in the central edit panel or which elements are in the right click menu (i have tried)
In Windows Safe mode, i can't reproduce this freeze.
!&@^%$!, it looks as if it would be due to my configuration.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

fishmi wrote:Thanks for your support.
I can right click many times in an empty document, but if the document includes any css Code it hangs after 2- 6 times.
Can you send me your CSS document, please? I would love to reproduce and fix this.

support AT topstyle4 DOT com

Thanks, Stefan.
klaaz
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by klaaz »

Same problem here, two freezes today. Both needed restart of topstyle.

It lookes like it is happening when rightclicking and closing tabs one at the time. Not shure though, just installed the latest update today.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

klaaz wrote:Same problem here, two freezes today.
Do you happen to have consistent, reproducible steps?

I would love to reproduce and fix this.

Thanks!
Bubo
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Bubo »

I have exactly the same problem and also only under Win7, 64 Bit. I have not come across this issue with the same TopStyle version 4.0.0.92 under XP

It happens frequently BUT not every time - this makes it so difficult to replicate I guess :evil: But it usually happens every 10 minutes when I work.

I observe it many times when I click the small arrow next to "Open files" and want to re-open a document. Once the arrow is clicked, it freezes.
It also happens frequently when a page is open and I use the File menu for "Save as" I click on File and it freezes.
It also happens on right click, i.e. to open a document.

To me it is definitely a mouse related problem because if I use ctrl+shift+S for "Save under" or ctrl+o for "Open", it never happens!

It really is a nuisance under Win7 and I would be very happy if you could replicate and fix this bug.

Many thanks and regards
Sandra
Ajm
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Ajm »

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Windows 7 64Bit TopStyle 4.0.0.92. I can cause the program to stop responding every time if I randomly left and right click on the document tabs. Sometimes it can take a up to a minute before the program hangs especially after its just opened up.

Regards

Andy
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Ajm wrote:I have exactly the same problem. Windows 7 64Bit TopStyle 4.0.0.92. I can cause the program to stop responding every time if I randomly left and right click on the document tabs. Sometimes it can take a up to a minute before the program hangs especially after its just opened up.
Do you happen to have consistent, reproducible steps?

I would love to reproduce and fix this.

Thanks!
Ajm
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Ajm »

Hi,

Unfortunately not. It is very random but also happens in Windows 7 64Bit with the version 5 beta.

Regards

Andy