general question

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
lionelts
Rank III - Intermediate

general question

Post by lionelts »

I have question about topstyle because topstyle seem to be not only an css editor but alos an "x"html editor with compoment that canbe move from tab to html code ( rather to viewer like frontpage do in a wysiwyg manner ) .

Where can i find for each server/browser version the css and html version supported ?

Where can i find for each server/framework (php asp) the html version supported ?

when i open an htm file and switch xhtml 1.1 , html 5 the number of icon in the Form tab don't change . where i
can find a summary of the difference ( deprecated new) tag element type for each version of "html "

Does topstyle notify us the deprecated html element type or attribute when we use an higher/newer "x"html version ?

regard's
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: general question

Post by TopStyle Support »

lionelts wrote:Where can i find for each server/browser version the css and html version supported ?
For CSS, TopStyle 4 comes with a lot of browser-specific style definitions. Simply change the current/active style definition from the drop-down in the Inspector.

For HTML, TopStyle 4 comes with style definitions for every W3C standard (there are no browser-specific HTML definitions). TopStyle will detect the current/active HTML definition based upon the current DOCTYPE.
lionelts wrote:Where can i find for each server/framework (php asp) the html version supported ?
TopStyle 4 supports all of them, and at the same time TopStyle does not contain a whole lot of middleware-specific tools. It is really up to yourself what middleware (ASP, PHP, ColdFusion, etc) you want to use.
lionelts wrote:when i open an htm file and switch xhtml 1.1 , html 5 the number of icon in the Form tab don't change
The HTML toolbar does not change when you switch to another HTML definition, but what is inserted might depend on the current/active HTML definition (for example: when a XHTML definition is activate, the HTML toolbar will always insert XHTML tags).
lionelts wrote:where i can find a summary of the difference ( deprecated new) tag element type for each version of "html ". Does topstyle notify us the deprecated html element type or attribute when we use an higher/newer "x"html version ?
Deprecated tags are either not included with the HTML definition, of the Inspector "paints" them in another color (gray). If you want to validate your HTML document for deprecated tags, then this is where the HTML validators are for. TopStyle 4 integrates with both the W3C validator and CSE HTML Validator.
lionelts
Rank III - Intermediate

Re: general question

Post by lionelts »

thank's very much for your reply .