Calculate IMG height/width + open/save dialog

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
odysseuscm
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Calculate IMG height/width + open/save dialog

Post by odysseuscm »

Hi,

the beta still freezes often when using the calculate IMG width and height function via right-click. I'd say it happens 1 out of 10 times. This bug is already present in version 4.
One thing that's always annoyed me, is that the open and save as dialogs don't respond to the folder I selected in the File Explorer. If I save a new file I'd expect it to offer me the folder selected there and not the last one used. Also I think it's more logical to create new folders in the File Explorer and not in the window below.
Speaking of open/save dialog: I very much prefer the system dialogs that come with window 7, where I have my favorite folders and all. isn't it possible to use them (on Windows Vista/7/8) instead of the "old" ones.

One last thing: The "Sites" management is horrible. Does anyone really use it? I've tried a few times but it's so awkward, confusing and illogical, that I cannot believe Nick conceived this in the first place. I'd strongly vote for a complete replacement (eclipse shows nicely how this should be done) or a complete removal.

Cheers
Christopher
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Calculate IMG height/width + open/save dialog

Post by TopStyle Support »

odysseuscm wrote:the beta still freezes often when using the calculate IMG width and height function via right-click. I'd say it happens 1 out of 10 times. This bug is already present in version 4.
This is probably caused by Internet Explorer running in the Preview panel. Can you please switch to Google Chrome as the internal browser? I'm guessing this should fix the problem. Can you please confirm this?
odysseuscm wrote:One thing that's always annoyed me, is that the open and save as dialogs don't respond to the folder I selected in the File Explorer. If I save a new file I'd expect it to offer me the folder selected there and not the last one used.
Please turn on this setting: Options (F8) > General > Sync File > Open (and File Save) with current File Explorer directory
odysseuscm wrote:Also I think it's more logical to create new folders in the File Explorer and not in the window below.
I'm not sure I understand the problem, but you can create new folders when you right-click in the File Explorer and then select "New Folder".
odysseuscm
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Calculate IMG height/width + open/save dialog

Post by odysseuscm »

TopStyle Support wrote:This is probably caused by Internet Explorer running in the Preview panel. Can you please switch to Google Chrome as the internal browser? I'm guessing this should fix the problem. Can you please confirm this?
Ok, I switched the engine. But I have the Preview Panel closed 99% of the time. I'll let you know if it happens again.
TopStyle Support wrote:Please turn on this setting: Options (F8) > General > Sync File > Open (and File Save) with current File Explorer directory
Ah, there's an option for everything, eh? Thanks!
TopStyle Support wrote:I'm not sure I understand the problem, but you can create new folders when you right-click in the File Explorer and then select "New Folder".
It's a split view. On top you have a more or less normal windows explorer panel for selecting folders and below you have the containing folders and files. Instinctively I try to create new folders in the top panel and not in the lower one. It's not a big issue, though.

Thanks!
Christopher