Auto Reload

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
John Zeman
Rank III - Intermediate

Auto Reload

Post by John Zeman »

Hi Albert,

Is there an option in the beta, or version 11 for that matter, that I can set so CSE will automatically reload a preloaded document when it detects the document has been changed by another editor? If not, that's an option I'd really like to see in version 12, which I haven't downloaded yet, but I will in the near future.

My reason for asking is this. I edit all my documents in NoteTab Pro then I'll send the saved file to CSE for validation. When I first do that CSE validates it and if I hear the success chimes then I know I can go on editing in NoteTab. However if I make more changes to the same file in NoteTab, save it again, then send it to CSE again (where it's still open from the first time) then I have to switch to CSE to tell it to reload the document so it can validate it again.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Auto Reload

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi John,

Have you tried setting the appropriate option in the Editor Options, Files->File Options page? There is an option there to automatically reload documents when they change on disk.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
John Zeman
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by John Zeman »

I looked and looked through the options but totally missed that one Albert! :oops:

Indeed, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

John Zeman wrote:I looked and looked through the options but totally missed that one Albert! :oops:
No problem! We're all human. :D
John Zeman wrote:Indeed, that is exactly what I was looking for.
Great. :D
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial