Special syntax in css sheets for compiled help

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional

Special syntax in css sheets for compiled help

Post by MikeGale »

I found the following syntax for css used in chm files. CSE does not recognise it.

MSHelp\:ktable
{
disambiguator: span;
filterString: ;
postfix:  
prefix: | 
separator: &nbsp| 
}

It would be useful to have this in the css validation.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thanks Mike,

I will investigate implementing a mechanism that lets users specify CSS properties to ignore. I may also program those in by default.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional

Post by MikeGale »

Thanks Albert.

That will give the best of both worlds. Check against standards, while allowing innovation. (I suspect microformats, if they take off, will increase the temptation to insert new forms of markup!)
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I've added the ability to ignore specific unrecognized CSS properties in the upcoming new version 8.00.

UPDATE: To ignore specific unrecognized CSS properties, the new onUnknownCSSPropertyMessage() function can be changed/edited using the Configuration Editor in the professional edition. This function also allows the default message text, category, flags, ID, and type to be changed for unknown CSS property messages.

By default, CSE HTML Validator will display a message listing the CSS properties that were ignored (if any).

By default, CSE HTML Validator will already ignore "disambiguator", "filterString", "postfix", "prefix", and "separator".
Last edited by Albert Wiersch on Wed May 31, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional

Post by MikeGale »

Thanks Albert.