Strange Issue with Flag 116

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
juicyroots
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Strange Issue with Flag 116

Post by juicyroots »

I have plain vanilla html pages, BUT with NO html, head, or body. Normally, CSE Validator just 'assumes' the body tags are there, and I get a clean bill of health, or a few things to validate.

If however, the very beginning tag is a ColdFusion tag, i.e. - <cfset title = "" />, I get an error for every single line that the <body> tag is missing.

I've tried unchecking FLAG 116, but all that does is get rid of the first couple of ColdFusion errors... it still doesn't treat it like an HTML file.

In other words, if you add a ColdFusion tag as the very first thing in an HTML document, CSE Validator doesn't assume the rest should be wrapped in a <body> tag. Please let me know what I need to do.

I just need CSE Validator to COMPLETELY ignore any ' < c f ' tags.

Thank you!
Thomas
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Strange Issue with Flag 116

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Thomas,

It seems the problem is that CSE HTML Validator isn't assuming that you're checking an "HTML block" that belongs in a "body" section when it starts with a ColdFusion tag. In that case, CSE HTML Validator doesn't make such assumptions.

If you have the professional edition or higher, you could try adding the ColdFusion tag to the configuration using the Configuration Editor. You can access it via Ctrl+F5. You can add the ColdFusion tag you are starting these blocks with, assign it to the "(all)" category, set the valid range to "body (0005)", and then switch to the Attributes tab and just set the attributes to "(ignore all)". This may work by causing CSE HTML Validator to make the desired assumption, but I haven't tested it.

More information is here (especially Example 2):
http://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/configuration.html

Be sure to upgrade to 12.03 so you make the changes to the latest config file if you do this.

Please let me know if this solves the problem.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
juicyroots
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by juicyroots »

Worked like a charm...

Thank you,
Juicy Roots
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Great! :D
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial