What is a good way to use social media for business?

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
Marky
Rank 0 - Newcomer

What is a good way to use social media for business?

Post by Marky »

I've started a new thread as it seems most of the other ones are dead. Hoping to get some advice from business owners here or anyone who knows about the subject. I've just started my own small business (all about computer accessories) and I've been looking at ways to promote it and get a wide audience as at the moment we're not doing that well, but I guess it's early days. I'm new to this kind of stuff but basically found that the most valuable marketing is social media marketing like facebook and twitter. So here's my question, do you think I need both facebook and twitter to improve my chances? Or should I use a link hosting company to do it all for me? I know there's also Pinterest and LinkedIn that can be used but I've not been on either and don't know if there is much point if I use facebook?
If you have an opinion or a suggestion, please share it with me! And let me know which one you think is best to promote a business..facebook, twitter, linkedin etc. :D
RichardGamez
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: What is a good way to use social media for business?

Post by RichardGamez »

If you want to use social media for your business, you should build accounts for your business at social media sites. Like creating a facebook page for your business, twitter account, linkedin profile, Google Plus page etc. Keep all of them updated regularly and interact with your fans and followers. This is best use of social media for a business in a nutshell.
Marky
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Marky »

Alright, that seems simple enough! Thanks for the advice!
raxadesign

Post by raxadesign »

You should definitely utilize Social Media for your business! You can keep people up to date with what you have going on, you can offer promotions and contests and most importantly offer customer service!
topwebch
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by topwebch »

if you want to communicate fast, to build relation use twitter.
to take some seo advantage choose google plus.
and use facebook for promoting products and discounts
rawhudson
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by rawhudson »

The use of social media for the development of the business website is one of the strategies of digital marketing. The ways to utilize these are:
1.Ask for reviews of your products using social media.
2.Use email marketing targeting interested browsers and thus turning them to leads.
3. Promote the business deals,services,discounts,offers on Facebook,Google plus,twitter by creating business accounts.
4. You may also consult professionals for marketing.
MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional

Post by MikeGale »

No comment on specifics but a request.

This area is notoriously difficult to get a handle on. (In part because every business is different!)

I recommend you keep a solid set of records of what you do and how it works. If you do that a great follow up, in a year or whatever, would be to post a nice punchy summary of what you discovered in this thread.