HTML5 and cell phone apps

Discussion about HTML and XHTML related issues.
taxilady7
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

HTML5 and cell phone apps

Post by taxilady7 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:57 am

I am just trying this program out to try and fix my web coding, I am not a professional and only understand stuff to a certian point. I kept getting yellow warning messages that I need the HTML5 for use with cell phone apps, but I also was getting yellow warning that I need to input "The natural primary language is not specified." When I follwed the direction to use the "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 N" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
then I would get another warning that I need to do the above and they cashed?

HELP PLEASE! I don't know how to fix this? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HTML5 and cell phone apps

Post by Albert Wiersch » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:58 am

Hello,

Can you quote the exact text of the message that saiid you need HTML5 for use with cell phone apps and the direction to use "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 N" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">"?

It will help me understand the problem.

Also, did CSE HTML Validator crash? I'm not sure I understand. If it did crash, can you make it crash again? Also, what version are you using?
Albert Wiersch

taxilady7
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by taxilady7 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:41 am

What I posted was the exact text I copied and pasted, remember I am only on a trail of your program, don't know if that is the problem or not?

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:03 am

The trial version should give you good results and should not crash. If it is not doing that then I would need more information about the problem in order to diagnose it.

As for the natural primary language not being specified, it's usually as easy as adding the lang="en" attribute to the "html" tag, assuming the primary language of your page is English. For example,

Code: Select all

<html lang="en">
Albert Wiersch