Dragon Speaking

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
gwebb
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Dragon Speaking

Post by gwebb »

I tried using Dragon Speaking to take advantage of their speech commands while editing pages.
I get an Access violation at address 0090647F in module 'cse160.exe'. Write of address 00002BB6 whenever I speak into Dragon.
The error will not clear (or loops) upon pressing Ok and I have to use Task Manager to abort the CSE HTML Validator.
I'm using Dragon to dictate this so I know that Dragon in general works. Presumably the Validator uses a different API call to receive input than most other software that Dragon works with.

This certainly is not a dealbreaker but it certainly would be convenient when editing.

Any ideas?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Dragon Speaking

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble. I have a couple of ideas. Note that I do not use Dragon so I am not able to test this.

1. See if Dragon has alternate methods of input/interfacing that might work better for CSE HTML Validator.

2. I can send you a v17 BETA to try. Let me know if you'd like to try this. You can keep v16 on your system and install v17 in a different folder (by default it will install into a different folder).

Also, I'm curious, are you trying to give CSE HTML Validator menu commands or just dictate text into the text editor?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Gummy
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Gummy »

That's strange, I have Dragon Naturally Speaking too and I just tried it with HTML Validator and it seems to work fine.
Rich777
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Rich777 »

Hi Guys,

Getting the same problem here with Dragon naturally speaking too. It gets caught in that error loop. I'm using the latest validator version 18.03000

Did we find a solution for this because of when he gets into that error loop it virtually freezes the whole PC?

Thanks
Rich
Wenner
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Wenner »

Rich777 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:33 am Hi Guys,

Getting better connections with ExpressVPN and the same problem here with Dragon naturally speaking too. It gets caught in that error loop. I'm using the latest validator version 18.03000

Did we find a solution for this because of when he gets into that error loop it virtually freezes the whole PC?

Thanks
Rich
Noticed this error loop Rich is speaking of as well. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Last edited by Wenner on Tue May 17, 2022 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

If you are having problems with Dragon NaturallySpeaking then please update to the latest version of CSS HTML Validator and Dragon NaturallySpeaking (at least the latest update for the major version you are using) and let me know if the problem still persists.

If the problem persists then please post the versions (of both programs) you are using, exactly how you got the error, and any screenshots that might be helpful and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial