Batch Wizard Issue

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
jcarig
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Batch Wizard Issue

Post by jcarig »

I am newbie so please bear with me. I am trying to validate a local site using the batch wizard by entring only the base url. I follow the directions on the help page and it works once, then not again.

What am I doing wrong? It is extremely frustrating! HELP!!!!!
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Batch Wizard Issue

Post by Albert Wiersch »

jcarig wrote:I am newbie so please bear with me. I am trying to validate a local site using the batch wizard by entring only the base url. I follow the directions on the help page and it works once, then not again.

What am I doing wrong?
Hello,

Sorry, I don't understand exactly what is happening. What do you mean by it doesn't work again? What are you doing and what is the program doing when you try again?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
jcarig
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by jcarig »

What I am trying to do is validate my whole site by only entering my home URL into Batch Wizard (F2 CTRL-U -enter URL; F5 Follow Links is checked; F4 Validator; and then F6 to run). The first time I try it, it runs fine. It finds all of the linked files, and validates my entire site. However, when I repeat the process, it only validates the home URL. I hope that makes sense.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Can you email me the Batch Wizard Target List file as an attachment? Please send it to support@htmlvalidator.com. Also, what version of CSE are you using? I will try to reproduce the problem.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial