Program busy signal very 10 seconds

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

I want to print the final proof page found at the bottom of the Validator. I right click the mouse in that particular section. Nothing happens.

I move the mouse into the area of where I type the code and I get the "signal" that the program is busy. I can still print in this area by going up to file, print.

Until I downloaded the new update, everything was ok.

Can you help????

Thank you.

Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

To add to my last post, when I closed the Validator with the X in the upper right hand corner, the message (without quotes) "fileinfoclass at address 19107312 doesn't exist" came up and kept repeating itself each time in a new window. I needed to use the Windows Task Manager to close the program completely.

Jeanne

Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

I can't type for 10 seconds before the program takes " a time out". It's acting like it's backing up something.

When I put the new version on, I deleted the old one. Is the new version built on the old one? :?: If so, I'll put it back on.

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Cheyenne wrote:I can't type for 10 seconds before the program takes " a time out". It's acting like it's backing up something.

When I put the new version on, I deleted the old one. Is the new version built on the old one? :?: If so, I'll put it back on.
Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. My wife and I just had our first child and there were some complications. Fortunately we are OK now and I'm working to catch up from a few missed days.

This may have something to do with the integrated web browser, preview mode, and auto-refresh. Try closing the integrated web browser if you are using it or disabling the Auto Refresh in Preview Mode option (accessed from the toolbar in the integrated web browser).

If you can reproduce the "fileinfoclass at address XXX doesn't exist" issue, then please tell me exactly how you are doing it. This may be an issue with CSE HTML Validator.

The latest version is v8.0130. You do not need any older versions on your system to use the latest update. It's a full package.

I hope this helps.

Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

If you can reproduce the "fileinfoclass at address XXX doesn't exist" issue, then please tell me exactly how you are doing it. This may be an issue with CSE HTML Validator
Here it is:
1897 fileinfoclass at address 19107312 doesn't exist.

I work in the beginner mode.
I needed to create a new web page for a school class.
I know I was adding some new code which the program didn't like.
This was about a week & half ago. I tolerated it over the days until finally the program gave me the 1897 ........ issue. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I have been working with sooooooooo much code lately, it would be a mistake on my part to guess what I was doing at a particular moment.

Congrats on your new addition to a wonderul family. Enjoy the little one as time goes toooooo fast.

:wink:

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Cheyenne,

Thanks for the congratulations on our new addition. He's certainly keeping us busy!

Unfortunately that info isn't very helpful in trying to track down the problem. If you have time or come across this issue again, then it would be great if you could tell me exactly how to reproduce it, including the HTML documents involved. If I can reproduce it here, it makes it a lot easier to correct it, but I need to know exactly how to reproduce it.

I hope that the "Auto Refresh" information helped with the "time out" issue.