Batch Wizard Cashing

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Batch Wizard Cashing

Post by Lou »

Version 18.04 Pro
I have been playing with a new toy HelpnDoc and wanted to use the Batch Wizard to check the references from my SW files to the help topics.

After fixing identified link errors, I realized that some of the links were to old, no longer valid help files. I deleted the help directory and repopulated it with the current help files.

When I reran the Wizard links to files that no longer existed were still reported as valid. I tried closing/reopening the Wizard to no affect. When I closed CSS Validator down and then restarted it (buffering was rebuild) the bad links were correctly identified.

When validating individual files that should have link errors, none were found as in the Wizard. Again closing and restarting the validator seems to clear cashing and the link errors are found.

Question: How do I clear cashing/buffering without closing and opening CSS Validator?
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Batch Wizard Cashing

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Lou,

To clear the link cache you can go to the Validator Engine Options (Ctrl+F4) and the Link Checking page and press the Reset Link Cache button.

Also, in the editor, you can right-click in the Results Window and select Links->Reset Link Cache.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Re: Batch Wizard Cashing

Post by Lou »

Thanks exactly what I was looking for.

Now to optimize my totally unplanned/undesigned CSS file
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.