Batch Wizard Crash

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Batch Wizard Crash

Post by Lou »

I can not figure out why this error.
What I a trying to do is get a list(s) of all the link used in the scripts. One primary objective is to find all the links to the new toy HelpnDoc which are in the /doc/ sub-directory.
Wizard crashes when it gets to the check_cost.inc file (which has no links). I added that file to exclude list and Wizard still crashes/locks-up on that file.

On the the "Tools to Use" tab I chose "Link Check" vs the "Validator"

How do I send the Batch.lst file? seems that would be useful information.

When running the "Validator - Full" all works well. AND the "Excluded" is processed.(?)
CSS_error.png
CSS_error.png (41.63 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Batch Wizard Crash

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Lou,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Please send all relevant files to me (the target list Batch.lst and check_cost.inc and anything else that might be useful) at support at htmlvalidator dot com and I will try to reproduce.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

Files on the way. Thanks Albert.
Lou
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thank you. I received the files and reproduced the problem and am working on a fix.

UPDATE: Please download CSS HTML Validator 2018 Pro again. You should get v18.0401 which should fix this crash bug.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

"which should fix this crash bug."
Which it did.

Thanks Albert
Lou
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

The bad news is that now that everything works, I find out that the results don't provide what I wanted. Now I see that the link checking does not "see" the link in

Code: Select all

echo "<a href='./doc/Functions.html#DELETE' target='_blank'>DELETE a $value</a>";
I could of course rewrite the line to see the link and not get errors

Code: Select all

?><a href='./doc/Functions.html#DELETE' target='_blank'>DELETE a <?php echo "$value";?></a><?php
Or some more involved examples.

Looking for a different answer. The other part of this process doesn't give what I'm looking for either.
Lou
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Yes, CSS HTML Validator does not extract links from within PHP code.

If you could run it through the server first then CSS HTML Validator could extract the links from the generated HTML (assuming they are in the HTML).
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

Right, and of course I do that to assure the HTML I generate is valid. The issue of course is that each screen would need to be run several times to account for each state, that would included different help links, and then extract the desired links from the largely redundant list of links.

At this point I have been fiddling with this long enough that it would have been (is) quicker to build a quick "one-time" script to scan files in the source directory for "href='./doc/*" and compare those results with the list of HelpnDoc HTML file names.

In another life I seem to remember a palifera of quick & dirty "one-time-programs" that I maintained for years, and passed on when I retired.

Thanks for the response Albert.
Lou