Pro vs. Enterprise edition

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
ktp
Rank III - Intermediate

Pro vs. Enterprise edition

Post by ktp »

Hello,

Enterpise edition has limit extensions. Quote:
"Note that there is no set limit to the number of pages that the Batch Wizard can check at one time as it depends on factors like computer resources (memory), the validation options settings, and the site itself."

Concretly, can Enterprise edition support 400,000 targets (URLs) with computer having 16 GB RAM ?

Thank you.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Pro vs. Enterprise edition

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

It's possible but it hasn't been tested with so many targets and results may vary.

I generally recommend trying to divide up such large jobs into logical pieces.

But the Enterprise edition does have a feature to reduce memory usage to help increase the number of targets it can process by using a working folder. Check out the 'Increase Limits' options page in the Enterprise edition. Here is the documentation for it:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/current/d ... s_node.htm

Please see the attached screenshot of the additional Increase Limits page in the Batch Wizard Options of the Enterprise edition.
Attachments
IncreaseLimits.png
IncreaseLimits.png (11.52 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
ktp
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by ktp »

Hi all,

For information, by ignorance I did not use rel="nofollow" when it is required. My sitemap had 500K+ URLs, so
it takes time to run the validator, and I had no solution for the 30,000-limit by default. So I look at Pro vs. Enterprise
solution, and find that there is also a possiblity to increase the limit by changing in the Windows registry, and changing
also in Batch validator options.

With the change in registry, I succeeded to validate 300K+ URLs with Batch Wizard Pro version with default options, no major CPU nor memory consumption problem observed.

The good news is that now that the validator has rel="nofollow" support (cf. the other topic), I will test this new feature
and make report. Since now I use rel="nofollow" correctly, my sitemap is reduced to 40K+ URLs instead of 500K+ URLs as before,
that should be confirmed later by my test.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thank you for reporting back. I'm glad it handled 300K+ URLs with no major CPU or memory issue. The move (a few years ago) to 64-bit from 32-bit probably helped there.

I will be responding to the other issues soon.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial