v9.000 crashes regularly...

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

This should be fixed in the current version, v9.0010. Please let me know if you have any problems.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
mrwebman
Rank 0 - Newcomer

9.0010 memory errors crashes

Post by mrwebman »

Just upgraded to 9.0010 Pro and it bombs out as soon as I load a index page for checking... memory write error.

I uninstalled the previous version and this one then reinstalled this one but now it just "goes away" after coming up.

Amazing...
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: 9.0010 memory errors crashes

Post by Albert Wiersch »

mrwebman wrote:Just upgraded to 9.0010 Pro and it bombs out as soon as I load a index page for checking... memory write error.

I uninstalled the previous version and this one then reinstalled this one but now it just "goes away" after coming up.

Amazing...
Sorry, I don't know what's happening. Please try rebooting your machine. Also, if you have another computer, can you try it on that one?

If you think your index page is causing any problems, then please email that to me at support at htmlvalidator dot com.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

Just loaded mine, mrwebman, and works just fine. I have Vista Home Premium.

And, yes, I have updated to 9.00.10 Pro
mrwebman
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by mrwebman »

It seems to work now after completely removing my old version and the new version then turning the computer off for the night.

This morning I haven't been able to make it mess up. I will mention that the only difference between last night and this morning is that this morning I immediately took the program out of Beginner Mode then loaded the 'problem' index file. That file is a fairly large hybrid with lots of php, javascript, and html throughout but it loads now just fine.

Maybe letting the program sit overnight forced CSE to empty its cache or scratch pads?

I'll keep working with it and let you know if it has any more hissy fits.

Albert Wiersch wrote:
mrwebman wrote:Just upgraded to 9.0010 Pro and it bombs out as soon as I load a index page for checking... memory write error.

Amazing...
Sorry, I don't know what's happening. Please try rebooting your machine. Also, if you have another computer, can you try it on that one?

If you think your index page is causing any problems, then please email that to me at support at htmlvalidator dot com.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

mrwebman wrote:It seems to work now after completely removing my old version and the new version then turning the computer off for the night.
Great! :D
mrwebman wrote:Maybe letting the program sit overnight forced CSE to empty its cache or scratch pads?
I'm not sure what happened... but when strange things like this occur, it is worth making sure you do not have any malware on your computer. Also, sometimes security programs can interfere. Another possibility is hardware problems. For example, if a fan is not working in your computer, then it is possible that there is some overheating happening. I've also had RAM go bad before as well.
dmflad
Rank 0 - Newcomer

CSE crashes

Post by dmflad »

Just to let you know I'm running latest version of CSE Pro and tried doing web work last nite but got crashes of type noted in this forum thread. Since I was only making a quick update to something I went to Plan B and got the work done.

This weekend I'm going to run thru the fixes suggested and see if I can get the problem wiggled out. If I still have crash problem I'll be back. If I get things working I'll doc my fix and pass it on.

My PC (WinXP Pro sp2) is now considered "old" and I've run into other programs that when upgraded won't run and my other (newer)PC runs Ubuntu. :)
Babylonian Proverb: "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing."
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: CSE crashes

Post by Albert Wiersch »

dmflad wrote:Just to let you know I'm running latest version of CSE Pro and tried doing web work last nite but got crashes of type noted in this forum thread.
Make sure you are using 9.0010 or later.
dmflad wrote:My PC (WinXP Pro sp2) is now considered "old" and I've run into other programs that when upgraded won't run and my other (newer)PC runs Ubuntu. :)
What video card do you have? I was trying to figure out why it would crash on another user's computer which was also several years old and was using an older video card. I suspect it could have something to do with the older video card and drivers (buggy?) but I'm not sure.
jbrandt04330
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Still Broke

Post by jbrandt04330 »

I have had problem with all iterations of v9.x

Albert sent me three updated to 9.0 and the third one finally worked. i would have assumed that 9.01 would have fixed the bugs - but this latest download DOES NOT WORK.

I am going to try and uninstall and use the stable version of 9.00 to see if I can get some work done. Then i want a full refund. :x

John Brandt
www.jebswebs.com
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Still Broke

Post by Albert Wiersch »

jbrandt04330 wrote:I have had problem with all iterations of v9.x

Albert sent me three updated to 9.0 and the third one finally worked. i would have assumed that 9.01 would have fixed the bugs - but this latest download DOES NOT WORK.
I investigate this soon. I noticed some crash reports but the reports have been unhelpful in determining the cause. This seems to be a very isolated issue where on some computers CSE HTML Validator will basically not run at all.

Would you do me a favor and try downloading CSE HTML Validator Lite v9.00 and see if that runs? You do not have to uninstall std/pro first. CSE HTML Validator Lite will install into a different folder.

Also, if you have another computer, could you try it on the other computer and let me know if it works?