CTRL+D Duplicate line or text

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
ScottishBen
Rank 0 - Newcomer

CTRL+D Duplicate line or text

Post by ScottishBen »

I'm a big user of Topstyle and Notepad++, would it be possible to have a CTRL+D feature to duplicate the current line or the selected text?

Thanks.
recce101
Rank I - Novice

Re: CTRL+D Duplicate line or text

Post by recce101 »

Ben, how would this differ from CTRL-C (Copy) then CTRL-V (Paste)? Whle these aren't listed in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box, they seem to work normally.

Ned
ScottishBen
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by ScottishBen »

It's just a nice quick feature, than rather reaching for the mouse > highlighting the line you want > pressing CTRL+C > moving to where you want the copy > pressing CTRL+V.

You press CTRL+D and it puts a copy on the line below for you. I use it quite a lot in Notepad++. Just a thought :)
recce101
Rank I - Novice

Post by recce101 »

Sounds like a job for a macro recorder, which would be a nice addition to the program. :D
hcervantes
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by hcervantes »

I vote for CTRL+D to duplicate line
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

I too use ctrl-D in graphic editors, but not sure I see the advantage over ctrl-C/ctrl-V cut/past in a text editor.

After you use ctrl-D to duplicate the line(s) you still need to move and drop them where they are needed.

Guess it depends on whether your background is based on, text or graphic editors. ctrl-X/C/V have been used in text type editors sense before there were graphics editors. JMHO
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Max-A
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Max-A »

I vote to add the duplacate line feature too. May be not Ctrl-D especially, but assingable with keyboard shortcuts. I'll assign it to Ctrl-D for myself. The line duplucation is the standard fo powerful text editors now and I use it often in other editors for my work, espesially in Notepad++ as the editor for everithing and Webuilder as pure HTML editor. TopStyle just for CSS. I can use Webuilder for CSS too, but prefer to use separated editors for HTML and CSS, have some usability reasons for this. And this as very simple feature.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Note that Ctrl+D duplicates a line in the editor in CSS HTML Validator.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial