Coldfusion Support In Topstyle 5

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
charlester
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Coldfusion Support In Topstyle 5

Post by charlester »

Hi, there. I just bought a copy of TopStyle 5. I was going to use it as my standard Coldfusion editor. However, now I see it doesn't really support Coldfusion Insight or AutoComplete? Does TopStyle5 support Coldfusion at all or am I missing something? It's pretty much perfect for my needs except for the lack of Insight and Auto-Complete for Coldfusion tags. I thought TopStyle 4 had this and I naturally thought version 5 supported this as well?

Please help.

Thanks.

Charles Tang
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Coldfusion Support In Topstyle 5

Post by TopStyle Support »

When it comes to ColdFusion, TopStyle 5 does not differ much from TopStyle 4.

* There is a CFML tab on the HTML Toolbar (View > Show HTML Toolbar). From here, you can drag and drop various ColdFusion tags into your document.
* You can bring up Script Insight (Ctrl+Space) inside a CFSCRIPT tag and have it display ColdFusion functions, objects, properties, and arguments.
charlester
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by charlester »

Yes, I did see the CFML tab but that contains a VERY small subset of the Coldfusion tags available. Of course, I don't expect there to be a button for every CF tag. However, I thought it would be closer to how Homesite worked. With Homesite, Script Insight works very well for Coldfusion tags, not just within the CFSCRIPT tag.

Does TopStyle 4 offer better CFML support (like what I described)? If so, is it possible to get a copy of Topstyle 4? I was under the impression that it'll work pretty much like HomeSite/Coldfusion Studio.

Of course, the obvious question is why don't I use Homesite if I like it so much? :-) It's because Adobe's no longer offering it for sale, thus I can't get any new licenses for the software. Seeing that TopStyle was originally created by the creator of HomeSite and it works pretty much like it, I thought CFML support would be like Homesite as well.

Thanks for your help.

Charles
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

TopStyle 4 does not offer better CFML support compared to TopStyle 5.