Importing TopStyle 4 settings to version 5

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
Jaelli
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Importing TopStyle 4 settings to version 5

Post by Jaelli »

Hi there. Just upgrade to version 5, and asked the program to import from version 4. It's asking me to find a Registry File. I have no idea where to look for what file it really wants. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Version 4 is installed in its own folder, but there are no .reg files present within that folder, or folders under it. Searching the Windows Registry shows 99 folders associated with TopStyle 4 - but I have no idea where the settings I'm looking for actually are in all that.

Could you give me a bit of direction here? Thanks!
Jaelli
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Importing TopStyle 4 settings to version 5

Post by Jaelli »

No info from anyone? This is really a problem for me.... I've used TopStyle forever (since 2.0 or something) and I really don't want to have to reset my whole setup....
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

From TopStyle 4, you can export your settings here: Options > Export Settings

Then in TopStyle 5, import your TopStyle 4 settings here: Options > Import Settings from TopStyle 4
Jaelli
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Jaelli »

Ah! Thank you, that should help. I did try searching, but if you don't exactly know what to ask....