How to disable CSS lookups?

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
wwwcre8r
Rank 0 - Newcomer

How to disable CSS lookups?

Post by wwwcre8r »

When writing or editing a remote HTML file (SFTP), TopStyle5 pauses for a very long time (~10 to ~20 secs. each time) when the cursor enters a class or id. I figure it is looking to the CSS file(s) for possible/ related references... but this continual pausing is very frustrating.

Is there a way to disable this, either for remote connections, or entirely?
wwwcre8r
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: How to disable CSS lookups?

Post by wwwcre8r »

This seems to only be affecting the Adobe Business Catalyst sites.

This is still an issue that I desperately need help with, when editing code containing a reference to CSS, like a class or id, TopStyle will reach out to the remote server (I’m guessing) and retrieve the list of possible classes or ids that could be used.

This round-trip communication can take a very long time, upwards of 10 seconds or so for large CSS files. As you could imagine this is very frustrating to have to pause typing code to wait for this to happen for every single tag that I’m editing.

I would love to disable that lookup feature please!
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

> Is there a way to disable this, either for remote connections, or entirely?

Yes! Please download our latest version, then disable this setting:

Options (F8) > Inspector > "Include CSS classes from remote (FTP and SFTP) documents"
wwwcre8r
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by wwwcre8r »

This does work. Note though that there is a new issue where the application reverts back to the default setting on this every few days (randomly). I only notice it when I see that it is "locking up" when trying to do remote FTP edits.

Can you please make the default action UNCHECKED?
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

Can you please make the default action UNCHECKED?
Will do.