icons on html toolbar

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
James Salmons
Rank 0 - Newcomer

icons on html toolbar

Post by James Salmons »

This is not a matter of something not working right, just not effectively for me.

On the html toolbar, for example on the characters, php, and text tabs in particular, even though the bar itself is large enough for larger icons, the icons used are really too small. Even with my glasses I have to do a mouse over and read the title in most cases. I would really appreciate an adjustment.

Thank you. And I really like the work you are doing. I have used the lite version of TopStyle for some time for css and recently upgraded to your new full version. You are doing some excellent work with the program and I wish you well.

James Salmons
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: icons on html toolbar

Post by TopStyle Support »

If someone would like to help out and create new icons, I'm all ears. Unfortunately, I have the Photoshop talents of an amoeba myself.
James Salmons
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by James Salmons »

At least for my own use I did this. I found that the images while 18X18 were really much smaller with transparent space around them so I opened them in Paint Shop Pro ("cheap" not "poor" man's Photoshop) and stretched them to fit the full 18x18 size. Then I increased the contrast by a setting of 50 and decreased brightness by -25. This made them larger and much easier to read.

I have done all those on the text bar and would be glad to send them to you, the others too if you want after I find time to do them. Let me know the easiest way to send them if you are interested. It is not hard to do what I did but does take a while if you want copies.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

When you stretch them, doesn't this degrade the image quality?
James Salmons
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by James Salmons »

I have posted them on a website for you to look at. All icons on the text tab are there so you can look at any of them you want. . Check:

http://www.jamessalmons.com/topstylehtmltext/Strong.png

For some reason the Bold icon looks a little fuzzy perhaps, but generally they look OK. Mainly I can read them where before I could not. This is not as good as making them over, perhaps, but it was quick for me. As I said, if you are interested I would be glad to send you all of them.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

For the next release, I'll ask my graphics guy to pump them up.
fenddev
Rank I - Novice

Post by fenddev »

excellent,

i agree icons are too small atm...
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

I'll do my best, but in the end it's all about the eye of the beholder. Some people love the new icons, others seem to hate them. The old icons were both loved and hated too. And I'm pretty sure new icons will not be any different.