Style inspector not showing correct font size

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
fenddev
Rank I - Novice

Style inspector not showing correct font size

Post by fenddev »

...when using em units. I use em's for font size, paddings, margins, and when for example setting the default body size from 100% to lets say 76%, the preview panel shows the correct font size and doesent have this prob., but the style inspector on the other hand shows larger font since it somehow doesent inherit the font-size set on the body 76% and renders text calculating em from the default 100% body size.

Hope that can be solved in the future releases.

v4.0.0.67 / win7
v4.0.0.67 / XP

edit:

just noticed that elements in the style inspector dont inherit font family as well...
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Style inspector not showing correct font size

Post by TopStyle Support »

Can you provide me with an example please? Thanks.
fenddev
Rank I - Novice

Post by fenddev »

Ok here is a screenshot, now i have my body font size set to 62.5%(10px) and i have the h1 element selected, if we look at the bottom output preview panel, elemets are shown correct, h1 is rendered at 2.5em (25px) as well as the rest of the headings are displayed properly. But in the style inspector font is much larger, because the h1 element doesent inherit the body size value of 62.5 which i have set, instead it renders 2.5em from the default body size which is 100%, therefor font in the inspector is much bigger and the problem isnt just in this case, but overall inheritance on the elements doesent work in the inspector preview, u only get an element displayed with its own properties and not the onces that pass on from their parent elements. A clear example is color red set on body which should be applyed to all elements, but when selecting any of the elemets it will render in default black color :(

...notice the color of the html selector, thats the bug i wrote in one of the previous posts(while working with @at rules).

thx for your reply.
style-inspector.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

Fixed in 4.0.0.82