another spelling request

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

another spelling request

Post by roedygr »

It would be nice If either
1. I could insert magic comments to make the spell checker ignore some text.
2. I could ok a weird spelling, but only for the current document to be remembered for future.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: another spelling request

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Can you give me some concrete examples of this?

I think you would be able to do #2 by using more custom user functions. You could put a special comment in the document, see this comment in a user function, set a special variable, and exclude any words you want for any document that has the special comment.

If the above will work for you, then please provide a simple sample document (with the special comment you'd like to use) and I'll try to come up with the user functions you'd need to exclude the words for documents containing that special comment.

Another possibility would be to add a new feature to CSE HTML Validator where you could add a special comment for a document that gives additional words to ignore, perhaps something like this:
<!--CSEIGNOREWORDS: word1,word2,word3 -->

This would only affect the spell checking in the validator engine, which means it would only affect the misspelled word list that is generated as a validator message when validating a document.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial