CSE HTML Validator v17

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

CSE HTML Validator v17

Post by Albert Wiersch »

The next major release of CSE HTML Validator is being worked on now. One of the features will be improving the feature that watches the clipboard for HTML documents and if an HTML document is found in the clipboard then CSE HTML Validator automatically opens a new tab and pastes the clipboard contents in and optionally validates the document.

The above feature combined with a Firefox add-on called Easy Copy seems to have a lot of potential. I've made a page for it here:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/firefoxext.php

With a couple of clicks you can have CSE HTML Validator validate the source of the page you are looking at in Firefox or only the selected part of the page... and it validates HTML from the DOM so any JavaScript that altered the page (like adding elements) affects the HTML source that is validated.

If you have any interested in trying this out then please let me know and I can send you a link to a v17 BETA to try.

I will be looking for a similar extension for Chrome.

Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: CSE HTML Validator v17

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Even if you don't want to try out the above feature, you can still try out v17 BETA if you have a v16 license. Please send me a PM (private message) if you're interested trying and testing a v17 BETA. Thanks!

NOTE: CSE HTML Validator v17 is expected to be released in mid to late November 2016.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: CSE HTML Validator v17

Post by Albert Wiersch »

If you have upgraded to the release version of CSE HTML Validator v17, then don't forget about this new feature to validate the DOM using the Easy Copy Add-on for Firefox!

https://www.htmlvalidator.com/firefoxext.php