CSS HTML Validator 2019 coming soon

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

CSS HTML Validator 2019 coming soon

Post by Albert Wiersch »

CSS HTML Validator 2019 is planned to be released early next year.

If you have any suggestions then please post them here. Please note that at this time (so close to release) we're currently only looking for suggestions that aren't major changes and suggestions for new HTML or CSS standards and properties that you may be using that weren't supported in the previous major release or that may need updating.

We've already completed a lot of internal updates already but any suggestions for updates will still be helpful and will help make sure those updates are in the new major release.

And don't forget, if you buy a new license for 2018 or upgrade to 2018 now then you will receive a free update to 2019 when available.

Thank you for supporting the developers of CSS HTML Validator!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Re: CSS HTML Validator 2019 coming soon

Post by Lou »

When you validate a file, and it is good, the tab turns green. When you make more changes, the status does not change, even if you save it. This gives the impression all is well.

I just noticed that if if validate a good file, insert an error, and save the tab remains green. If I then reload the file the tab is red (as it should be).

I would suggest that when a file is edited in anyway, that the tab color be cleared. This would indicate the status is 'unknown.' That way when changes are saved, the status would be 'unknown' until validated again. When the tab is changed to 'unsaved' change the color to 'unknown.'
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thanks Lou. I'll look into that. It wouldn't be based on the 'saved' status though. It would have to be based on whether there were any changes since the last validation.

UPDATE: The tab color after validation will now go back to the default (unvalidated) tab color when a change is detected to the document. The document will then need to be re-validated to again update/change the tab color so that it is again based on the validation results.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

god I love the English language! That of course was what I was trying to say. I was just noting that when you make a change, the tab is updated to show that the file has not been saved. At the same time there has been a change sense the last validation.

As Churchill or Shaw said, "Two countries separated by a common language"
Lou
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

Thank you Albert. Works as I expected.
Lou
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Lou wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 pm Thank you Albert. Works as I expected.
Great! :)
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

Albert, Just noticed that when I cut/past into a validated file, the valid "green" does not disappear as when I type a character. The "**" Not-saved marker does still appear of course

On the list for later.
Lou
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Lou wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 pm Albert, Just noticed that when I cut/past into a validated file, the valid "green" does not disappear as when I type a character. The "**" Not-saved marker does still appear of course
Thanks. I'll look into this for a future update.