Batch Wizard - false validation errors

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
Sares
Rank II - Novice

Post by Sares »

Hi Albert,

may I ask you when the next Beta will be available, because this false positive of JS errors is a bit confusing and makes the report hard to read?

Thank you very much.
Sares
Sares
Rank II - Novice

Post by Sares »

Hi,

ok, I´ve just figured out, that I can simply remove JS from the Batch-Wizard -> Target List Properties -> Follow Link -> Extension Dialog, so it´s no problem if you need some more time ;-)

Kind regards,
Sares
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I hope to have it out sometime next week, but that is just an estimate. I'm glad you have found a workaround!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Sares
Rank II - Novice

Post by Sares »

Hi Albert,

thanks for this info.
I'm glad you have found a workaround!
Yes I did, but it is sometimes not that easy because of the amount of features and possibilites :)

May I ask you another question?

Is it somehow possible that the Batch-Wizard automatically submits a form while validating? This would be quite handy, when some serverside validation is made and therefor a form has to be submitted.

So what I have in mind is a feature where you can setup how often a form will be submitted. A possible extension to this features would be a predefined set of variables used by Batch wizard for submitting.

Is this (simple submitting) possible somehow right now and if not, what do you think about this feature?

Kind regards,
Sares
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Sares wrote:Is it somehow possible that the Batch-Wizard automatically submits a form while validating? This would be quite handy, when some serverside validation is made and therefor a form has to be submitted.

So what I have in mind is a feature where you can setup how often a form will be submitted. A possible extension to this features would be a predefined set of variables used by Batch wizard for submitting.

Is this (simple submitting) possible somehow right now and if not, what do you think about this feature?

Kind regards,
Sares
I've thought about such a feature and that it would be nice to have something like it, but I haven't been able to get around to implementing it because other things have taken priority, but I would like to have it and thus it is always a possibility for a future version.

Right now, the only thing I can think of that might work is to use the GET method and have a URL like this:
http://www.domain.com/submit.php?email= ... &zip=12345

If that will work for your form or script, then you could do something like that and add those URLs as targets in the Batch Wizard.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Sares
Rank II - Novice

Post by Sares »

Hi Albert,

... but I would like to have it and thus it is always a possibility for a future version
Fine, I like this way of thinking :)
Right now, the only thing I can think of that might work is to use the GET method and have a URL like this: http://www.domain.com/submit.php?email= ... &zip=12345

If that will work for your form or script, then you could do something like that and add those URLs as targets in the Batch Wizard.
Thanks, but in most cases there are POST requests for serveral reasons...

But anyway, I do not mind and look forward to see this feature in one of the next minor or major releases :)

Thank you Albert and kind regards,
Sares