Content-Script-Type

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
ReneK
Rank II - Novice

Content-Script-Type

Post by ReneK »

Hi,

I just used the W3C Validator on a HTML5 document and got an error:
Bad value Content-Script-Type for attribute http-equiv on element meta.
<meta content="text/javascript" http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" />
This slipped through CSE (12.0200). Maybe it is possible to add a check to CSE for a future release.

Rene
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Content-Script-Type

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello Rene,

Yes, I plan on adding more checks for "meta" attribute values in the next major release.

If you have the pro or enterprise edition, then you can write custom user functions to check to make sure that attributes have certain values or that they don't have other values. This link (with some examples) may help you get started if you want to do so:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/current/d ... eid_id.htm

If you'd like more information on this, then please let me know.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
ReneK
Rank II - Novice

Post by ReneK »

Hello Albert,

this sounds great, I wasn't really aware of that! So I opened the configuration editor, went to the "Programs" tab and checked the "Functions" radio button. There are a lot of functions visible in "Program Editor" now, but I'm unable to add soemthing new, though it's possible to delete text.

I'm quite sure that I'm missing something obvious, but what could that be?

Thanks,
Rene
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Rene,

I recommend that you create a text file (with a *.cfg extension) with the custom functions, then specify the file in Options > Validator Engine Options > Options and the Validator Engine > Config File page as a 'user functions' file.

You do not have to use (and should typically not use) the Configuration Editor.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
ReneK
Rank II - Novice

Post by ReneK »

Hello Albert,

that works perfect! Wow, I didn't expect it being that easy. Thank you very much!

There seems to be a small problem, however: After changing the *.cfg file, the changes need to loaded by CSE. I thought about hitting the "Reload Config" button on the "Config File "page (I got a success message afterwards). Then, when re-validating the document, I got: "Access violation at address 052EB6AA in module 'csevalidatorV120.dll'. Read of address 0000572F."

To reproduce the problem, simply click the "Reload Config" button and re-validate. You don't even have to change something. The solution to this is closing and re-opening CSE.

Rene
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the bug report. I was able to reproduce it and will look into it soon.

I'm glad it otherwise works "perfectly" and you're very welcome. :D

UPDATE: The access violation bug has been fixed for future releases (v12.0210+).