HTML5 and cell phone apps

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
taxilady7
Rank 0 - Newcomer

HTML5 and cell phone apps

Post by taxilady7 »

I am just trying this program out to try and fix my web coding, I am not a professional and only understand stuff to a certian point. I kept getting yellow warning messages that I need the HTML5 for use with cell phone apps, but I also was getting yellow warning that I need to input "The natural primary language is not specified." When I follwed the direction to use the "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 N" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
then I would get another warning that I need to do the above and they cashed?

HELP PLEASE! I don't know how to fix this? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: HTML5 and cell phone apps

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Can you quote the exact text of the message that saiid you need HTML5 for use with cell phone apps and the direction to use "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 N" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">"?

It will help me understand the problem.

Also, did CSE HTML Validator crash? I'm not sure I understand. If it did crash, can you make it crash again? Also, what version are you using?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
taxilady7
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by taxilady7 »

What I posted was the exact text I copied and pasted, remember I am only on a trail of your program, don't know if that is the problem or not?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

The trial version should give you good results and should not crash. If it is not doing that then I would need more information about the problem in order to diagnose it.

As for the natural primary language not being specified, it's usually as easy as adding the lang="en" attribute to the "html" tag, assuming the primary language of your page is English. For example,

Code: Select all

<html lang="en">
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial