Books / info on CSS

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
Donnie
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Books / info on CSS

Post by Donnie »

This is my first post, and new member. I have been writing HTML for about 12 years. I not claiming to be an expert at that either. I have tried a little of CSS only to get quite frustrated due to so many variables. The only advanced info that I know of that I can use on my site is a CSS sheet that the rest of my site can be linked to. However, I have no clue as to where to begin.

Is there a good book or info that I can get that will take me from the very basics and move on to more advanced CSS ? I have yet to find any material that sets the ground work or foundation of CSS in a manner that gets you going good.

I have done searches on Google and really come up with a lot of good material, but still, I (for some reason) am not finding this as natural as HTML has been for me.

Thanks
I really appreciate any responses.

Donnie
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Re: Books / info on CSS

Post by Lou »

I use
CSS The Definitive Guide, Eric A. Meyer, O'Reilly, ISBN-10 0-596-52733-0
and
CSS Mastery Advanced Web Standards Solutions, Andy Budd, ISBN-13 978-1-59059-614-2

and of course TopStyle :)
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Donnie
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Donnie »

Thank you Lou. I will look into these you mentioned.

Donnie
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

When I'm looking for something like this, I like to check Amazon.com and the user reviews on the books. I will usually buy something that is well reviewed/rated and am not usually disappointed.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
alexwebster
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by alexwebster »

CSS The Definitive Guide is $28.56 on Amazon and CSS Mastery Advanced Web Standards Solutions is only $20.41

I can only afford one right now - which one is best to start with?