CSS desktop vs laptop display problem ?

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
cdan18po
Rank 0 - Newcomer

CSS desktop vs laptop display problem ?

Post by cdan18po »

i am a beginner on using CSS...
why is that my output on my design on desktop computer becomes not good and in the right position when i tried to run it on my brother's laptop?

is there anything i can about this matter?
i mean how am i suppose to do a design that will perfectly display on both desktop and laptop without any changes on the output?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: CSS desktop vs laptop display problem ?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Please submit the URL of a page that has this problem so people can take a look at the source.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
johnpeters3

Post by johnpeters3 »

Hi cdan18po:

I have a similar issue with a floating textbox I'm using on my website: http://homemortgageontario.ca

It is the "Our Best Mortgage Rates" table in the header and you'll notice that it fits nicely while viewing on a desktop/laptop, however when on a mobile device (no mobile theme installed on my WP site) the last line does not show up inside the box, it overlaps the bottom of the border.

You'll also notice the last line does not line up appropriately. Can't figure it out for the life of me. I thought because I have a radius on the corner of my border that it is messing with the alignment of the text? Hmmm.

Thanks in advance!
SimonH
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by SimonH »

johnpeters3 wrote: While viewing on a desktop/laptop, however when on a mobile device (no mobile theme installed on my WP site) the last line does not show up inside the box, it overlaps the bottom of the border.

You'll also notice the last line does not line up appropriately. Can't figure it out for the life of me. I thought because I have a radius on the corner of my border that it is messing with the alignment of the text? Hmmm.
Thanks in advance!
You can simply fix this using Media Queries check out: https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-3/
angela25
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by angela25 »

Mmmhh did you look with the same browser? And what resolution? Maybe it's possible to copy/paste your code? Normally if you have a wrapper and you work within this wrapper, the page should always look good.