Possible to horizontally center an HTML layer using CSS?

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
webmama
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Possible to horizontally center an HTML layer using CSS?

Post by webmama »

Is it possible to set a Style Sheet class to position a layer so it stays aligned with a table or image element within a table cell as browser window expands and collapses?

I have 3 layers on my page at: http://www.ffinutritionals.com/index2.htm.

In the HTML I have the outer body table centered and I would like my menu layers, as well as the Store Locator layer, to stay aligned with the parent table when the browser window is expanded. The BEE-FIT layer needs to stay on top of the yellow line art to the left of the page and the Aqua-T layer needs to stay aligned with the blue line art to the right. Likewise, I need to keep the ‘Store Locator’ layer aligned just left of the Aqua-T layer. Would one of you CSS gurus please tell me the option I would need to add to keep these layers aligned, or anchored, to the layout table as it moves with the expansion of the browser window. If I could figure out how to anchor them to an image and offset them with margins that would probably work as well. I greatly appreciate any assistance in solving this matter.

Thanks in advance :)
Laura