Using jenkins

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
Modist
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Using jenkins

Post by Modist »

Hi,

Im trying to use the validator together with Jenkins - and have some issues. We're using the Registered version of PRO

the following command work when executed in a command-window - but does not have an effect when run through Jenkins in a buildscript. I have tried enabling the log - and there are no new log-entries when calling it from Jenkins.

COMMAND:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\HTMLValidator\cmdlineprocessor.exe" -veofile "c:\tmp\responsiveemail.veo" "c:\tmp\default.html" -msgwindow "Jwindowname" -x1

any kind of suggestion will be highly appreciated

Kind regards
Morten
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Using jenkins

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello Morten,

I'm not familiar with Jenkins, but could it be running CSS HTML Validator under a different account? If so, then that will usually affect the settings and registration because it stores and uses different settings based on the user account it is running under.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Modist
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Modist »

ah - that makes sense _ will try to login with this user and test

will get back with the result
Modist
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Modist »

it worked :-) I thought that when I referred to a veofile it would have the same effect.

btw have you considered supporting generating the output in checkstyle-format ?

If anybody is interested I have made a small c#-parser - I will gladly post the code in this forum if needed.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Great! I'm glad that worked.

The veo file only affects most validator engine settings, not everything.

I'm not sure what you mean by "checkstyle-format". Can you be more specific? You should be able to generate the output in almost any format you want using custom user functions, but that requires some coding.

Thanks for your offer on the C# parser! If you think someone might find it helpful then can you post it in the forum in a separate thread?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I know this is an old topic but if anyone finds this thread when searching for 'Jenkins' or when using CSS HTML Validator under Jenkins, we have a new documentation page to help:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/current/d ... t_info.htm

If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact us.