Questions about Custom Inserters

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
gyoder
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Questions about Custom Inserters

Post by gyoder »

Is it possible to have more than one custom inserter menu like User that wouldn't be overwritten during an upgrade? That would be useful for organization purposes.

Also is there any effort you know of to maintain a custom inserters repository where users can download inserters for specialized frameworks? I think a menu supporting WordPress coding would be very useful to plugin and theme developers.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Custom Inserters

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

You can 'hack the registry' and change the value of "UserInserterConfigFileV170" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AI Internet Solutions\CSE HTML Validator v4\Editor\Options" to point to another inserter config file, or even the values for the other inserters if you wanted to. This would allow you to specify the inserter config file that you wanted to use and allow you to 'reassign' the other inserters (like the HTML, CSS, PHP inserter, etc.) to something else. If you 'reassign' one of the non-user/non-custom inserters to another file then you should not have to worry about them getting overwritten because only the default inserter config files would be overwritten when updating.

Unfortunately CSE HTML Validator does not currently support more than one user/custom text inserter available at one time (unless you do the above 'hack' and 'reassign' one of the other inserters).

How important is this feature to you?

It may be easily possible to add an inserter command that would switch to another inserter config file, making it easy to switch user/custom config files from within the user inserter itself. Would this be helpful?

I am not aware of any custom inserter repository, but you are free to share your creation here (in the forum) and I may also be able to add these to the download page if you'd like to submit one.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
gyoder
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Questions about Custom Inserters

Post by gyoder »

Thank you for your response.

My need for additional inserter menus isn't that great. I just thought of it when I was thinking about a menu for WordPress snippets.

If I come up with something for WordPress, I'll definitely send it your way.

Gil