Mac version?

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
ddahle1970
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Mac version?

Post by ddahle1970 »

Longtime HTML Validator user chiming in...

I switched my home machine from PC to Mac about a year ago (Mac mini w/ Intel CPU) - buying Parallels to run most of my software on the PC side initially.

As I got used to the OS X way and finding many equivalents for the games and applications on the Mac side, I have pared the software on my virtual PC down to one that is just not available for Mac and 3 apps where I strongly prefer the PC version.

HTML Validator is one of those 3 applications. Yes there are programs that claim equivalency to it on the Mac side, but I have come to like HTML Validator as my HTML authoring / proofreading app of choice.

I'm sure I'm not alone given there being a FAQ on running HTML Validator on an Intel Mac.

So, how about it? Will there ever be an OS X version of HTML Validator? :) I'd gladly buy a copy - even if I had to buy a new license as opposed to an upgrade.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I'm very glad to hear that you like CSE HTML Validator so much!

Unfortunately, at least at the current time, the Windows version keeps us busy all by itself. We do not have the resources (and justification) to natively support another platform. Also, much would have to be re-written since the GUI is heavily dependent on the Windows OS.

So while I would like to have native versions for Mac and Linux, I don't see that being the case, as of this time anyway. :(

Also see:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/mac-html-validator.php
Last edited by Albert Wiersch on Thu May 14, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddahle1970
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by ddahle1970 »

Okay - but I do hope that you will come to consider it at some point in the near future. :)
I could see Linux being a challenge to support given the lack of a "standard" distribution, but with Apple's switch and commitment to Intel for its CPUs and its comparatively exploit-free OS, I would think it would be a good OS to port to (hint, hint). ;)
Anyway, thanks for your answer and perspective. :)