Switch configurations for Batch Wizard

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
tgr
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Switch configurations for Batch Wizard

Post by tgr »

Hi Albert,

I'm setting up a number of automatic batch jobs (using Visual Build Pro) for creating validation reports for my webs. The batch jobs will run unattended over night and include several other steps like generating an email with the summary and uploading the reports to a website.

Is it possible for me to use different configurations for the different jobs? The webs are quite different, and for some of them I wold like to turn off some of the options.

Thanks,
Trond
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Switch configurations for Batch Wizard

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Please have a look here at the -veofile option:
http://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/v9 ... d_line.htm
The -veofile <filename> option (new in v9.00) can be used to specify a validator engine options export file that is loaded before the main command. This allows commands to be performed using different sets of validator options. To use this option, make sure that it is used before the main command option.
I think this may do what you want. You'll need to set up the options in the Validator Engine Options and then use the export function to export the options to a file that you then specify with the veofile option. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
tgr
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Switch configurations for Batch Wizard

Post by tgr »

Great! I'll try that.

Thanks,
Trond