Auto-completion of Search and Replace Strings

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
c24m48
Rank II - Novice

Auto-completion of Search and Replace Strings

Post by c24m48 »

I recently upgraded to 7.00 Professional from 6.x Professional. There seems to be a new feature, although it might have been there before -- can't remember for sure. In the Search/Replace dialog, there seems to be an auto-completion feature whereby typing part of a string that has been Searched/Replaced previously causes the whole string to appear. I can't find anything about this feature in the documentation or change history. Is there a way to turn off this behavior?

Jerry Bryan
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Jerry,

It's not a new feature that I seem to have explicitly added, but it looks like it somehow got in there. :-) Perhaps the new compiler used with 7.0 enabled this feature.

If you want to delete the auto suggested text, then just hit the delete key and the highlighted text should disappear. I am use to doing this now when needed and it doesn't bother me anymore.

There's not way to turn it off that I'm aware of. There should be a way to clear the memory of the dialog boxes but I don't remember exactly how to do this but can find out if you want. I think there is a file that you can delete. Let me know if you want me to find out what file you can delete so that the dialog boxes forget their previous seach/replace text.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial