Customizing CSE Validator Reports

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
TonyWPAO
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Customizing CSE Validator Reports

Post by TonyWPAO »

Hi,
I was asked to post this request on the forum by Albert Wiersch to see if any other CSE Validator users are interested in being able to better customize the reports that CSE Validator produces. If you produce reports for clients you may be interested in this, if you don't then probably not.

The report that CSE Validator produces often makes reference to AI Internet Solutions in the message text. This is not useful when the report is read by clients since they don't know who AI Internet solutions are. The same could be said of references to CSE HTML Validator.

References to the product or AI Internet Solutions are not likely to be of value to clients and only add to their confusion.

This is one example in which I would like to be able to have the option to easily remove these references and also to customize some of the standard messages that CSE Validator produces.

Albert wants to know if anyone else is interested in being able to customize the reports in this way. If so, he will consider this for a future version of the software.

Respond to this post if you are interested in customizing CSE validator reports more than is currently possible.

Tony
Lou
Rank V - Professional
Rank V - Professional

Re: Customizing CSE Validator Reports

Post by Lou »

Tony - I would agree, and can see where you would need this option.
In a previous life, when trying to explain validattion of a software solution, this type of distraction just extends the conversation and doesn't provide additional information.

On the other hand, I could understand Albert's position. It is nice to have CSE and their name and the name of the tool in front of the public. Like the general recognition of W3C, it would be good for CSE HTML Validator to also be recognized as an outstanding tool. It is also good for users to be using a tool that is recognized in the field.

We sure put our name all over our reports. As a consultant we did sometimes also provide unofficial copies that the client could more easily cut and past into "their" reports.
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Customizing CSE Validator Reports

Post by Albert Wiersch »

What about a way to specify replace strings? Like replace "AI Internet Solutions recommends" with "We recommend". Would this help?