Tweaking our website for SEO

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
frankpost
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Tweaking our website for SEO

Post by frankpost »

Greetings Albert,

We have been working on tweaking our website for SEO. I’ve used several online and desktop applications in checking the validity of our website. We comply with the reported results (mainly errors and some of the warning that seem more essential to resolve). My concern is that each of these website validators report different issues and do not seem to corroborate much at all. I have used your “online web check” and it did report some similar issues however, there are differences from other web auditors. Any advice on how to approach which auditor is more applicable than others?

I appreciate any input you could offer.

Frank

http://www.sitewired.com
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Tweaking our website for SEO

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately I am not in a position to comment because I am not familiar with all the checkers and auditors out there.

If there are any specific issues you'd like to ask about then please post about it in detail, especially the exact message that you are questioning. For many issues, there may not be a single right or wrong answer.

Also, if there is an issue that you think CSE HTML Validator should find or report, then please note that as well and I'll see if that can be added in a future update.

Finally, please note that the online edition of CSE HTML Validator does not show: bad & broken links, SEO (search engine optimization) messages, mobile messages, misspelled words, accessibility messages, tip messages, JavaScript lint messages, and messages other than errors and warnings. You'll need the standard or higher desktop edition for those messages.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
frankpost
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Tweaking our website for SEO

Post by frankpost »

Greetings Albert,

Thank you for your response. I primarily use WebSite Auditor by SEO PowerSuite. I did not realize your online edition did not report bad/broken links ... that explains the discrepancy. Thank you again Albert for responding to my inquiry.

Frank