5 excellent ways to drive traffic to your website

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
johntoh
Rank 0 - Newcomer

5 excellent ways to drive traffic to your website

Post by johntoh »

hi guys

There are five excellent ways to drive traffic to your site. Traffic is very important for an online business. the more the traffic is the more chances are there for sales.

Blogging - you can write interesting articles for readers. These articles can be used to link your readers to your site also known as back links. which will help you to improve your ranking. This will eventually help to gain more traffic.

Social Marketing – There are lots of social networking sites like MySpace. These sites are now used as popular way for marketing products and services.

Forums – Post question answers for help and learning. Forums are also used to promote your business although advertisements are not allowed here but you can display your email signature every time you post.

Article Distribution - Distributing informative articles to article directories can also help to get more traffic by directing visitors to your website

Viral Marketing - This is an effective and tested method. You can give away an e-book on your site and have a couple of links and a full-page ad in the back for your product or service. Grant permission to your readers to give away the book and see this promotion snowball.

All The Best!!!
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Re: 5 excellent ways to drive traffic to your website

Post by Lou »

So my question to the last two new members that posters here is:

Did posting here drive any traffic to you site? Or did you just add fodder to the forum?
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Lou wrote:So my question to the last two new members that posters here is:

Did posting here drive any traffic to you site? Or did you just add fodder to the forum?
I think you're right. They were just spam posters but they are gone now. :D
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
AdricaK
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by AdricaK »

Tips to increase website traffic are

1.Optimize your site (SEO):Win on the search engines when people search for keyword phrases related to your products or services.
2.Get your site listed in directories.
Submit your site to all the major web directories. This will generate traffic directly from the directories themselves and will also help to improve your link popularity.
3.Get listed in search engines:Submit your site to all the major search engines.
4.Get links to your site.
Get people with complimentary sites to link to yours. You offer rental kayaks on the beach. Ask the local restaurant owners to link to you, and offer to link to them. Ask the local tour guides, the real estate agents, the night clubs, and everyone else. Links lead to clicks onto your website and help to improve your search engine rankings.
jonesalex284

Post by jonesalex284 »

I think when it comes to SEO people just think about getting Links to your site. Though Links are Important for a business but remember The search engine Giant "Google" is figuring more on Quality link not just a link.

The Future of Link Building:
1. You just not have to get link back but you also have to bring traffic from those link.
2. Every page which gives a link bank to your site must have a Google plus account.
3. Google is going to evaluate the authority of a Link bank by using their Google Plus Profile Information.
4. Google is investing more on learning things In and around the Anchor text. So if Some one wrote good about a link then "Thumps Up", if Bad "minus marking in total link value and Authority"
5. The minus marking will be based on how authoritative the negative commentator is?

The Future of SEO

1. Gain links from all social networking sites.
2. Make your user stay longer on your web page.
3. Integrate YouTube videos on web pages.
4. Get local traffic.
5. Evaluation of the spaminess juice of a website and Reverse engineering the spaminess back links in order to avoid spam juice on your site.
6. Get a link from High PR plus less in Spaminess juice a site has.
pandaa
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by pandaa »

I like how you quoted MySpace in the OP... LOL. It's pretty much dead now, but I get your point. Social media is more and more of a tool as we go on in time. Thanks for this guide! :)
SimonH
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by SimonH »

Best SEO is to cater for your Audience, Dunno why so many people seem to think Article Directories and so forth add rankings to their site. It's all about Authority and Relevant content being linked out and in...

For example
A site about cats links to another site about cats, the site receiving the site will receive a good amount of juice
If another site is about pets and links to a site about cats then the cats site will still receive some juice but not as above.
A site about motorcycles linking to a cat site is worthless in most aspects.

Build quality content make your visitors want to link to you!
RichardGamez
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by RichardGamez »

Article directories and link directories are worse places to build backlinks now. Web 2.0 sites and guest posting are greatest ways to drive traffic and acquire high quality backlink. I personally also recommend relevant blog comments though some people does not like this much now. But there is no other way you can get high quality and relevant backlinks other than blog commenting.
yoginetindia
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by yoginetindia »

I believe post Panda Penguin updates things have changed and apart from Guest Blogging and Article/Forums submissions its Press Releases and Social Bookmarking helps most in driving traffic.
Being small web firm from India we focus more on do follow press Releases submissions like onlineprnews.com to drive traffic and also get juice out of link . And regarding link building we try to get links only from similar relevant websites which not only help to improve ranking but also help to drive direct traffic.
dimsum
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by dimsum »

personally, I think press releases works best.
cadomagenge
Rank I - Novice

Post by cadomagenge »

1. Attention to On-Page SEO
2. Target Long-Tail Keywords
3. Make Sure Your Site is Responsive
4. Make Sure Your Site is Fast
5. Examine Your Analytics Data
6. Start Guest Blogging
7. Get Active on Social Media
8. ubmit Your Content to Aggregator Sites
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand »

Wow, Albert this is the best spam magnet I've seen a a long time :shock:
Rick
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

RSteinwand wrote:Wow, Albert this is the best spam magnet I've seen a a long time :shock:
:D

But do you see any spam links?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand »

I do NOT.

(What's wrong with these guys that they forget to post links?) :shock:

We need to see what we can do to attract better spammers....
Rick
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

RSteinwand wrote:I do NOT.

(What's wrong with these guys that they forget to post links?) :shock:
I might have had something to do with that... :D

Usually I delete spam but sometimes I'm not really sure whether it's spam or not so I give them a chance. Sometimes there are spam links and sometimes there aren't (and when there aren't, sometimes they come back later and add them). Sometimes I leave it and just unlink or delete any links. Depends on the circumstances.