~cse

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

~cse

Post by Cheyenne »

Why are my files also saved as ~cse

You put that command in your software. I'd like to know what it is suppose to do. :roll:

Thank you.

Cheyenne :D
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Those are temporary files that CSE HTML Validator uses when performing certain functions like using the integrated web browser and other functions where a temporary file may be useful.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

Is there any way I can deactivate it? It leaves a file in my folder which somehow shows up when I send my lessons to my XHTML teacher.
:D
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Sorry, it can't be deactivated, but if you close CSE HTML Validator, then those files should automatically be deleted.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

When I do a SAVE, it automatically goes into my folder. Stays even after I close the program. :?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Can you give me detailed steps on how to reproduce this issue? It should start with "Load CSE HTML Validator" and end with "Exit CSE HTML Validator". If there were ~cse temporary files created during your session with CSE HTML Validator but not deleted when exiting, then this could be a bug.
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

I'd be glad to. It may not be until this afternoon or tomorow, but I'll definitely get that info to you.

Thank you. :D
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

Albert Wiersch wrote:Can you give me ...If there were ~cse temporary files created during your session with CSE HTML Validator but not deleted when exiting, then this could be a bug.
Albert,
FYI just did a system search for .cse ~cse and cse (with Validator closed) and didn't find any unexpected files. in fact "cse" is the only search that found any files including xxcsetup.exe. Running Windows XP
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Lou wrote:Albert,
FYI just did a system search for .cse ~cse and cse (with Validator closed) and didn't find any unexpected files. in fact "cse" is the only search that found any files including xxcsetup.exe. Running Windows XP
Thanks Lou. Glad to hear it. :-) If it's a problem/bug then it's probably not widespread.
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

Can you give me detailed steps on how to reproduce this issue? It should start with "Load CSE HTML Validator" and end with "Exit CSE HTML Validator". If there were ~cse temporary files created during your session with CSE HTML Validator but not deleted when exiting, then this could be a bug

I open Validator. Shows Untitled tab.
Clicked File. Chose a XHTML templete, and immediately a tab titled "WB Source" opens with the same information. Saved templete to desktop as test 2.
So, now on my desktop, I have test 2.html and ~cse_test2.html. No file automatically delectd when I close. The only time they close if when I manually "close all". I closed all files and then exited.

I am using Validator v.8

:D
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

By the way, as I am thinking about it, the time the ~cse appeared was when I opened the window that shows what the web page will look like below the XHTML window.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Cheyenne,

I followed your steps and when I used the integrated web browser, the ~cse file showed up on my desktop, as it should.

If you close the document in the editor (not the WB Source tab), then its temp file should be deleted and the ~cse file should disappear from your desktop. You should not have to "close all" in order for the temp file to be deleted.

It sounds like it's working as it should.
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

Is it suppose to leave a file in my saving folder? ~cse.....html? :D
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Cheyenne wrote:Is it suppose to leave a file in my saving folder? ~cse.....html? :D
If you close the program, then no, it should not leave any ~cse files on your disk. Are these files being left even after you close CSE HTML Validator? If the program crashed for some reason, then it may have left temp files on your disk. You can delete these. If any new temp files are created, then they should all be deleted when you close the program. If you can find a situation where new temp files are not deleted after closing CSE HTML Validator, then please let me know.
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

If you can find a situation where new temp files are not deleted after closing CSE HTML Validator.
Just tried. They did close after exiting from CSE

Thank you. :D