Message window links....

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Message window links....

Post by RSteinwand »

Just noticed you added links to the message window.... NICE!

Are you able to use html in the message window now too?
Rick
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Message window links....

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Rick,

Glad you like it!

I am experimenting with a new editor component that has a lot of "cool" features. Ultimately I'd like to switch out the main editors for this new component but there always seems to be some sort of issue with it and there are a lot of things that would need to be addressed so who knows... I'd like to have a better editor but that would take time and resources away from developing the core functionality of the program.

Anyway, I hope it works well in the Message Window. So far no reports of any issues. The main reason I switched was for the URL highlighting and ability to Ctrl-click on them and open the link. It does not accept HTML to format the message though.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand »

One complaint I had was the message window had a lot of good info, but it was hard to read without some formatting, larger headers, etc. That's why I prefer html emails... bolding something important, adding a little italics when appropriate, makes it easier to read.

Links is a nice start since it's already easier to find more info, if needed.

That's a big problem you have with CSE... it always needs updating with changing content. A lot of s/w developers get their feature set to where it works, then can just fix a few bugs here and there and sit back and just provide support.
Rick
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

RSteinwand wrote:That's a big problem you have with CSE... it always needs updating with changing content. A lot of s/w developers get their feature set to where it works, then can just fix a few bugs here and there and sit back and just provide support.
Yes, that is very true. I'd like to spend more time on the editor, but the way things change in the web development world requires that a lot of time and resources be spent in the "validator engine" part of the program just to keep up... so most of the changes in updates are "underneath the hood".
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand »

I guess you could work on the editor, and fix just bugs. Feature requests would have to go on the back burner.

I could live with that.

How long to implement a new editor?
Rick
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

RSteinwand wrote:How long to implement a new editor?
Well that is the big question. There's really no way to know because there are a lot of unknown details, and the new editor might not support live spelling.

If I get the time and the chance, I'd like to release a 'BETA' with the new editor and see how it goes, while continuing to keep the old editor in the release versions because it has proven to work "well enough" even though it's not perfect and has its own issues. Currently this is just "in my head" so I'm not making any promises. :)
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand »

Count me in... 8)
Rick