SDK for HTML validator / custom menu icons

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

SDK for HTML validator / custom menu icons

Post by Frontier »

Hi all :D

I wonder, is it possible to create / insert custom icons / actions into the menu of HTML Validator? I'm asking because I often have to insert special HTML codes for international symbols...
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

Re: SDK for HTML validator / custom menu icons

Post by Frontier »

OK, looking into the manual yet another time, it appears that HTML Validator also has Text Inserters.

However, when I insert a HTML symbol code, HTML Validator "translates" it upon insertion...so the code isn't inserted.

Example

Code: Select all

<tag menu='Danish' flags='2' caption='æ' inserttext='&aelig;' hint=Insert æ'/>
This inserts æ - not '&aelig;
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

Post by Frontier »

And...here's how it's done - to answer my own question.

HTML Validator has inserters. Right-clicking in the menu, in some unused space, will show the menu. Checking menu "Inserters - user", will show the user menu. In the menu, click "User - Edit configuration" to show the configuration file. If one wants to insert symbols which shouldn't be translated - one has to separate it. Meaning if one wants to insert &aelig; - one has to first show the & and then the rest of the symbol. The code for & is &amp; - so the final code for aelig; is '&amp;aelig;

Example line, inserted at the Bottom of the configuration file, but before </csetaginserterconfiguration>:

Code: Select all

<tag menu='Danish' caption='æ' inserttext='&amp;aelig;' hint='Insert æ'/>
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Yes! That is correct. I'm glad you were able to figure it out. If there is something in the documentation that would have helped you figure it out faster then please let me know. I'm always looking to improve the documentation as well.

And don't forget you can press F4 to repeat the last Text Inserter operation... so if you need to choose that menu option more than one time in a row then you can choose it once from the menu and then just use F4 to repeat it again.

Thank you!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial