Adding TopStyle Search Function to CSS HTML Validator

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
mesquited
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Adding TopStyle Search Function to CSS HTML Validator

Post by mesquited »

The search function on TopStyle is the reason I use it. If that search function could be added to Validator, Validator would be a near replacement for TopStyle, imo.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Adding TopStyle Search Function to CSS HTML Validator

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

CSS HTML Validator does have Search > Find in All Open Documents and Search > Replace in All Open Documents. While these functions are probably not what you want they may still be useful.

Also, while it would be nice to have a more powerful search function in CSS HTML Validator, I've decided that this function is better left to other programs so that CSS HTML Validator can concentrate on its validation engine (at least for now).

By the way, one simple search tool that I use quite a bit is findstr which is similar to grep on Linux. I use it mostly when programming but it also works great with HTML and CSS files. You may find it useful as well. For example, if you want to search for 'HTML Validator' in all your HTML and CSS files in a certain folder, then open a PowerShell window, navigate to the root folder that contains the files you want to search, and use a findstr command like this:

Code: Select all

findstr /s /c:"HTML Validator" *.html *.css
There is more information about findstr here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... ds/findstr

I hope this helps!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial