Dark mode: Bells and Whistles

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
ktp
Rank III - Intermediate

Dark mode: Bells and Whistles

Post by ktp »

Hello,

It would be nice if CSS HTML Validator could offer a "Dark mode" option. And also its phpBB forum too! :-).
I use more and more this mode under Windows and Android (better for my eyes and ernergy preservation).

Note: in fact for me the "dark mode" feature is only nice to have one, with low priority. Please keep up the good work for new
functionality and performance with the product.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Dark mode: Bells and Whistles

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions.

A "dark mode" has crossed my mind. I use dark mode in some places as well... but it is indeed low priority. It is possible I will experiment with it for the next major release which I have been working on lately and will be working on for the next few months.

I hope the forum software we use will implement a standard dark mode in a future release. There may be something available now, but I want to make sure it's not an add-on or something. It would need to be natively supported or it may be more trouble than it's worth. If there is such a feature added then I will be sure to activate it and make sure it's available.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Dark mode: Bells and Whistles

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Dark Mode UPDATE:
I went ahead and experimented with a dark mode, and it does look like 3 different "dark modes/themes" will be available in 2022/v22, but as a "BETA" feature. :)
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial