Validator does not recognize ::file-selector-button

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
TomHTML
Rank III - Intermediate

Validator does not recognize ::file-selector-button

Post by TomHTML »

The validator does not recognize ::file-selector-button, which is documented here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... tor-button

Code: Select all

::file-selector-button {
    -webkit-appearance: button;
    -moz-appearance: button;
    appearance: button;
    font: inherit;
}
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Validator does not recognize ::file-selector-button

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Support for ::file-selector-button has already been added to the upcoming major new release (2022/v22).

For the current version you can right-click on the error message and disable it using exact text match so the error message doesn't appear anymore.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
TomHTML
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by TomHTML »

Thanks! Once done, though, how can I re-enable validation for that selector?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

UPDATE: I've updated the 2021/v21 config file which will automatically cancel this specific error message:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/2021/htmlvalV210cfg.zip

Please see the "readme" file in the above ZIP file for installation instructions.
TomHTML wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:04 pm Thanks! Once done, though, how can I re-enable validation for that selector?
You're welcome!

You can see the messages you have disabled in the Validator Engine Options (Ctrl+F4) > Validator Engine > Message Output > Message ID options page. From there you can delete the changes (by deleting the relevant row) or just disable the change by selecting the relevant row and then unchecking 'Disable message' (which will enable the original validator message).

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
TomHTML
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by TomHTML »

Thanks so much! I re-enabled the error, confirmed that it still reported, installed the new CFG file, and verified that the error is no longer reported. Many thanks!