Slideshow on Web Page

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
paulp575
Rank IV - Intermediate

Slideshow on Web Page

Post by paulp575 »

Looking to create a slideshow on our gallery pages (pictures of events).

Here's the current web page: https://ewatv.org/0-Events/2019-04-27-T ... earing.htm

I'd like to create a slide show that appears immediately above the pictures (below the videos).
I've looked at a variety of example slideshows, but not sure which ones might or will work.

Want the slide show to do the following:
1. Have arrows on the left/right sides of the pictures so the viewer can move forward/backward thru the pictures.
2. Slide show would automatically change pictures every XX seconds (would not be changeable by the viewer).
3. When the viewer hovers their mouse over the picture, the slideshow pauses. When they move their mouse off the picture, the slideshow would begin the countdown to move to the next picture.
4. And here's the biggie: Many of our pictures are not the same size. And not all are the same orientation, i.e., some are landscape; some are portrait orientation. Can these be mixed in a single slideshow?

Anyone have suggestions which slideshow will work for these conditions? I'd like to keep it simple so whomever follows me as webmaster will be able to add slideshows to new gallery pages.

Thanks!
paulp575
ambrelangelidou
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Slideshow on Web Page

Post by ambrelangelidou »

Hi there is a lot of possibility, I advise you to install "Jquery" and find a slide plugin.

Simple to set up and often there is a tutorial with the plugin.

I advise you to try several and you will eventually find your happiness
Roll your dice online with : https://www.online-tarning.se