Quick way to insert target= in A tag?

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
wiggers
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Quick way to insert target= in A tag?

Post by wiggers »

I've been trying to find a quick way of inserting target="_blank" into an A tag.

Have I overlooked something?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Quick way to insert target= in A tag?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

You may want to use the 'User Inserter' for this.
  1. First, make sure the User Inserter is visible by going to 'View > Inserters > User'
  2. Then from the User Inserter, choose 'User > Edit Configuration' to open its configuration file so you can add your additions to it.
  3. Just before the </csetaginserterconfiguration> tag at the end of the file (or place it where you want), you can add something like this:

Code: Select all

<tag menu='My Atts' flags='2' inserttext=' target="_blank"'/>
  4. Save the config file (Ctrl+S) and reload it with 'User > Reload Configuration'. You should see the new menu option you just added.
  5. Now you can add target="_blank" wherever you want using the User Inserter, and you can use F4 to repeat the last text insertion command, so to add target="_blank" a 2nd time you just need to press F4 instead of selecting it from the User Inserter again.
For more information please see the Configure the Text Inserters help topic.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial